North Students Make Ribbons for the Special Olympics

Nadia John, Reporter
March 14, 2014
Filed under News

Eunice Kennedy Shriver started a day Camp Shriver at her home in Potomac, Maryland in 1962. Camp Shriver was the first camp to actively promotes the  concept of involvement in physical activity and competition opportunities for children with intellectual and physical disabilities. Gradually, the... Read more »

Flex Mod Faces Barriers at North

Nadia John, Reporter
March 5, 2014
Filed under News

On Feb. 19th,  2014, the teaching staffs of both North and South High School held separate votes to determine the future of flex-mod scheduling during the 2015-16 school year.North voted 53.35% against the transition to flexible scheduling model, while South had an positive response for the transition... Read more »

Five Best Love Songs

Nadia John, Reporter
February 14, 2014
Filed under Opinion

Valentine’s Day is here, and whilst you may not have a life mate, a babe, or love of you own it is still lovely to get into the Valentine’s Day mood. A window into the vibrant, saccharine-color saturated life of the romantic: where every gaze wades in fantasy and every fantasy reeks of roses, daffodils... Read more »

Friday the Thirteenth Mix-tape Playlist: The Stars Were in Their Eyes

Nadia John
December 13, 2013
Filed under Audio

The holidays are near, my fellow students. Have you written your Christmas list yet?? I bet you have, or rather you've been imagining what you'd recieve on Christmas day. O, I bet you're quivering with excitement! This playlist is about estatic anticipation; thoughts that make you tingle tingle... Read more »

Students Investigate Faculty Desk Cleanliness

Nadia John, Katie Folan, and Maitzeng Chang
November 15, 2013
Filed under Features, Showcase

Similar to students’ lockers, teachers’ desks are a way of personalizing their own corner of the school. Many teachers and faculty members at North take pride in their elaborate or disastrous displays, including Mr. Tim Brown,... Read more »

Crossing Age and City Boundaries through Collaborative Art

Nadia John, Reporter
November 14, 2013
Filed under Life

Sheboygan North Art teacher,  Mr. Frank Juarez is spearheading a collaborative art project involving students from Sheboygan, Random Lake and Black River Falls, WI. The art project will begin in Jen Dahl's Kindergarden classroom in Black River Falls, WI. Kindergarten art students will brainstorm... Read more »

North to Transition to Flex-Mod Scheduling

Nadia John
November 11, 2013
Filed under News

Sheboygan North High will be converting its schedule system to Flexible Modular Scheduling, otherwise known as Flex Mod.   “There are four reasons we are transitioning to Flex Mod: to provide opportunities for students’ enrichment during the school day, to provide intervention within the... Read more »

Friday Playlist: For Studying at Midnight

Nadia John, reporter/journalist
May 31, 2013
Filed under Audio, Features

Only a week until finals! It is time to start studying and forming memories of cramming, libriaries, groups, drinking copious amount caffine, streams of thought and notecards filled with ramblings... Its is an sadly, oh-so-accurate cliche that students tend to procrastinate. Here I have made... Read more »

Wisconsin Teen Wins “Doodle 4 Google” Contest

Nadia John, Reporter/Journalist
May 26, 2013
Filed under Life, News, Uncategorized

Wisconsin senior, Sabrina Brady’s heartwarming drawing, won 2013’s Doodle 4 Google Contest. The contest invites children of all age to recreate their Google logo based on a predetermined prompt. This year’s prompt was, “My Best Day Ever”. Brady titled her drawing “Coming Home”, which... Read more »

Friday Playlist: Academic Brevity

Nadia John, Reporter/Journalist
May 17, 2013
Filed under Audio, Features

As the school days begin to ebb so does the capacity to comphrehend lectures your teachers give. The nearness of summer may begin to cloud your brain with the thoughts drifting, seeming light- lighter so than the talk of existentialism your philosophy teacher may be giving you. In one ear and out... Read more »

Friday Playlist: These Days

Nadia John, reporter
May 10, 2013
Filed under Audio, Features

We are on the cusp of summertime! Only a month until school is out and summer begins! If the Senior-itis has not settled in yet, it surely will soon. If your grades are slipping because of daydreaming in class- do not worry! Its only natural for this time of year. This playlist is focused on conceiving... Read more »

Expo Finale: Drumline

Nadia John, reporter
May 10, 2013
Filed under Features, News, Showcase

Expo is an exposition of North’s students... Read more »

Keyona Olden: Found

Nadia John, reporter/journalist
May 2, 2013
Filed under News

Prayers have been answered.  Sheboygan South High School sophomore, Keyona Olden, was found. Olden’s mother, April Kohnke, became alarmed once she found Olden’s bed empty, around 9:30 p.m. April 19, there was no note or reason to why she was gone. Since then Kohnke, has personally placed posters,... Read more »

North High Slam Poetry Team

Nadia John, Reporter/journalist
May 1, 2013
Filed under Announcements, News, Uncategorized

North High will be creating their first ever Slam Team. The team will be created in an effort to present 2013's 100 Thousand Poets for Change event on Sept. 28. The event is held internationally and usually features live music, activities, food, a featured performer, open mic poetry and food. The... Read more »

Upcoming School-Wide Lock-In

Nadia John
April 2, 2013
Filed under News

North High is having its first-ever Lock-In sponsored by the Student Council next Saturday, April 13th at 5pm. Tickets cost $10. There will be a tournament, games, movies, food and a dance. The dance will have student disk jockeys and will go from midnight to 4:00a.m. Permits casual attire. The pool... Read more »

Playlist For the Week of March 25th

Nadia John, Reporter/Journalist
March 29, 2013
Filed under Audio, Uncategorized

1. Thrift Shop- Macklemore and Rylan Lewis 2. Harlem Shake- Baauer 3. Suit and Tie- Justin Timberlake ft. Jay-Z 4. When I Was I Your Man- Bruno Mars 5. Stay- Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko 6. Give Me a Reason- Pink ft. Nate Ruess 7. Started From the Bottom- Drake 8. Feel This Moment- Pitbull... Read more »

Singin in the Rain: a Spring Break Playlist

Nadia John
March 22, 2013
Filed under Audio, Features

It's finally spring break! "No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers' dirty looks..." well at least not for the next ten days. To celebrate this I have made a short playlist with the theme of vacation and a chance for new beginnings: http://8tracks.com/femininmasculin/spring-break-friday-playlist Track... Read more »

Allez-viens, allons-y: a Mixtape for North Students Leaving for France

Nadia John, reporter/journalist
March 16, 2013
Filed under Audio, Features, Uncategorized

Allez viens, allons-y: a Playlist for Departing North Students Before the invention of the Internet and the use of CDs, and MP3s, mixtapes were a popular gift to friends or familly members to show them their music tastes and share... Read more »

Art of Dissent

Art of Dissent

Nadia John, Reporter/Journalist
March 11, 2013
Filed under Life, News, Uncategorized

“Liberty is about our rights to question everything,” Chinese artist and activist Ai Weiwei said.   Weiwei has been challenging the freedoms and limitations of communism in China, not with weapons, but with art. His art has been causing a stir in his homeland and overseas.   His... Read more »

Ideas’ Student Fashion Showcase

Ideas’ Student Fashion Showcase

Nadia John, Reporter
March 8, 2013
Filed under Showcase

Jacob Olmedo, a Senior at Ideas Academy created a fashion show  his Senior Project.   Although he is not a North student, he is involved in many of North’s afterschool activities, including Northern Lights, Drama Club, and North’s musicals and plays   Question: Can you give... Read more »

North High Compliments

Nadia John, reporter/journalist
March 8, 2013
Filed under News

Can positivity on the internet lead to positivity in the real world? That is the question student-created Facebook page titled, “Sheboygan North High Compliments” raises. The page allows North students to send their peers anonymous compliments via messages to the anonymous moderator of the Compliments... Read more »